Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Version 6.0 : Anger

Last but not the least, Anger!

They have always stressed on the fact that I am an aggressive individual even going to the extent of branding me selfish, self-centered and highly conceited. Others have been kind enough to know me, to know the person behind the conceit and have made a great impact on my being. The former angered me to no avail, the latter are the source of my stability.

Criticism doesn't anger me, it did to a large extent sometime back, but now it's just a way of life. When you know you haven't achieved what you set out to do, there is no shame in accepting the fact. It doesn't make you a 'loser' for life... It just gives you another opportunity to get up and get moving. Even though I have a long way to go before I learn how to accept failure, I am at it. The day is not far when I, with my own hands, will pass on the trophy of glory to the true winner!

Anger manifests itself in various forms. It can be through speech, through conduct and through your writing. The least harmful tool of venting your ire is writing. You throw the negativity out of your system by putting it down in words. I am angry that things didn't turn out the way I had imagined them to, but then for how many of us does it turn out to be a dream come true? I was having a word with a 'down-but-not-out' soul like me yesternight and I realised that when things go bad, as they mostly do, what comforts you the most is your space - home! No matter how defeated you are, no matter how poorly you have faired in life, you are always protected in those four walls which are guarded by the most powerful tools of love and care.

It is but natural to be angry, and people who have controlled this emotion have evolved from the realms of humanness. I do not strive to be a superior mortal. I want to be imperfect so that tomorrow when I wake up, I still have something to work on. We always strive to make our lives 'perfect' and a wonderful person once told me that the ratio of achievements to expectations should be close to 1. I beg to differ, Sir. Give yourself the chance to say 'What If?!...'

Wrapping up my sojourn on the various emotions of a man, I feel a whole lot closer to humanity. I set out to merely reflect my own experiences here, but after having undertaken this journey I can safely proclaim that the learning experience has been a success in terms of bringing me closer to people, to my near and dear ones and to myself!

With my 20th post in place, I am happy that my blog is now as old as me! Celebrations called for.

Champagne, anyone?



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 20th! Your last was an especially good read. I hope you enjoy all these emotions in a healthy proportion.
    Writing is kind of like remembering god- you tend to do it when you're in trouble but not so much when you're happy. But that hasn't been quite an issue with atheists like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I have to concur with that. We always resort to writing when we are in need. And I am a li'l ashamed of that!
    But thanks a ton Shrey! A part of my knowledge of emotions is also because of you. And you know what I am referring to.
    Thanks a million.

    ReplyDelete