Monday, December 14, 2009

Version 4.0 : Sadness

This is one emotion that perpetually haunted me throughout 2-1! It made me miserable beyond repair. However, we should give the devil his due and thus, it is my duty to carry on with the 'emotion'al series.

Day 1: 23.07.2009
I arrived at 'R' with a new sense of being, belonging and zeal. Now was 'MY' time... or so I felt. I was heinously mistaken. The world had changed in 70 days. People had changed, and sadly, for the worse!

Day2: 24.07.2009
As I set foot in Room no. 326 of the Department Electrical Engineering, I was excited. I calmed my nerves, gulped a gallon (?) of water and breathed heavily. I looked around. Unfamiliar, yet warm faces. But something was amiss. My Batch-I. The class where I enjoyed myself to the brim in the freshmen year. The gabbars, the Khetans, and the Agrwls. Something just wasn't right. And I knew it all too well.

Week 3: Somewhere in September
I was looking forward to my annual Mumbai trip. I had packed my bags and was ready to devour the Balti Prawns at the famous Mahesh Lunch Home. But Lady Luck was not too generous this time round. I was bogged down with a horrible bout of influenza and the plan was washed out!

Month 4: November, in entirety
They say when there's darkness all around, a ray of light becomes your guiding force. Unfortunately, the ray of light never en'light'ened my topsy-turvy existence. Tsk tsk..

Now without delving further into this muck, I shall wrap up. The enhanced levels of seritonin have done enough damage. I wish to dig myself in a mountain of chocolates. Or maybe, the peanut butter-jelly sandwich and the pot pie will be the ultimate comfort food right now.

Straight to the kitchen, shall we?


4 comments:

  1. Fear followed by Joy, followed by Love. Love followed by Sadness. What are you upto?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The primary human emotions Vikesh!
    There are 2 more to go.. WATCH OUT! (C)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll enjoy this:
    http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/light-of-love/

    Looking forward to the final two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Shrey?
    Will try to excel in those! :)

    ReplyDelete