Friday, December 18, 2009

Version 5.0 :Surprise

The oft heard responses: 'What?!'... 'Are you serious?!'... 'Get out of here!'... 'WTF?!'... (Profanities censored)
And the mellower ones: 'Really?!'... 'oh! That's new/nice'... 'oh.. okay!'

This post is about instances and the appropriate responses this semester.

(A) Beginning of the sem, just when I returned home after gorging ravenously on food at home. "Anunaya, you've lost more weight!"
Response: 'Really?!' *rolled eyes*

(B) Three of my sophomore brethren are 'reverted' to their original branches because of Administration's fault.
Response: 'What?!'

(C) A 4 day strike is announced by the faculty protesting against the step-motherly treatment meted out to then by Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Response: 'Are you serious?!'

(D) The strike is called off in one day, whilst I am relaxing at home.
Response: 'Get out of here!'

(E) I announce to the folks in Roorkee that I shall no longer run away home at the drop of a hat.
Response: 'oh! That's new!'

(F) A random conversation with the Electrical junta wherein I state that I shall fair miserably this semester.
Response: 'Get out of here!'

(G) I am told that "my writing is pathetic."
Response: 'oh.. okay!' (In retrospect: 'ha ha')

(H) I am watching 6 flicks back-to-back on the 20th November, 2009. A virtuous human being tells me the exams are 3 days away.
Response: 'Are you serious?!' followed by 'Go die!'

(I) Minutes before the last exam begins- Material Science 201 A *shudder* - and someone announces "Golu Sir (our educator) is dead!"
Response: 'oh! That's nice'

(J) "I think I am falling for you.. if you get the drift!"
Response: 'What?!'... 'Really?!'... 'Get out of here!'

5 comments:

  1. Haha.. funny! When did 'J' happen, btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was between two school friends Shrey! Not related to me. Thank gawd! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad bad bad, Anunya. Very bad on you to use J the way you have. Tch tch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too many "get out of here"'s. Still hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not intend anyone to be offended Murty!

    And thanks, Shreyas!

    ReplyDelete