Monday, December 7, 2009

Version 2.0 : Joy

At the outset, I don't think I am in any mood to write about the 'joys' of the year gone by. I need time to fully recollect all the 'joy'ful experiences that have woven the fabric of the year 2009, but as the next emotion to surface is the one above mentioned, let me strain my thoughts here a bit.

From the 1st semester on, I had always planned a breezy trip to Rishikesh. The white sand beaches, the narrow alleys and the cozy cafes were something that delighted me beyond comprehension. And this wish came true on the 12th of September. We were 6 of us and believe you me, the company could not have been better.

First pit stop, the Italian cafe with its delectable Lasagna, Anchilladas, Buritos and Cajun Chicken sandwich which was smoothly gulped down with a glass of fresh pineapple shake. The taste of the overpowering flavours still lingers on my palette. Bellying ourselves to the brim, we meandered through the hitherto unexplored gullies of the town where I was surprised to find Synagogues and Tibetan monasteries coexisting in complete harmony. We moved on to the most ethereal part of our sojourn... The white sand archipelagos. If the eyes could devour, then my sight gobbled on every bit of the surroundings. It was unreal, it was too good to be true. On my way back to Roorkee, I had a perpetual smile of my face. Beautiful, it was!

Then there was the impromptu trip to Haridwar after a couple of weeks which turned into a glutton's fiesta as I sampled my favourite fig and strawberry ices at B 'n' R. The stop at the Ganga Ghat was a very calming experience. They say spirituality heals the soul, and today, I cannot agree more.

There were other experiences too. The ones at Thomso '09 with my fellow comrades and the nouveau beings on the team. Then there was the birthday bash, and ultimately the umpteen number of chapos.

It is very strange how mollifying writing can be. After having written about the 'joy'ous incidents of the past few months, I feel upbeat. Somehow, I am enthused with a sense of contentment and a hope for a better new year. It's good to be reminiscent about your past, especially when it pertains to the 'good' moments.

Allow me the liberty go 'back'. I shall return, after a short sabbatical.

4 comments:

  1. nice!
    but, My child! You indulge into the soul too much!
    :D :P
    PS: i am waiting for your version 3.0!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soul? Now where have I heard that before Grivan?!

    PS right back at you: Where are you? I am in Delhi for till 3rd Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be a tough job... Calling out emotions as and when you want to pen them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Anirudh, and I trying to do full justice to the same!
    Wish me luck! :)

    ReplyDelete