Saturday, July 25, 2009

Of things lost and of things gained!

Today is the second day of me being a sophomore. Today is the second day of me being an Electrical Engineering sophomore. Today is the second day of me not being in the Biotechnology department. I am happy. I should be content. Elementary, My dear Watson!

Am I happy?
Let's see..

Of the things I gained - a 'respectable' (it's all relative!) discipline, a more comfortable disposition infront of people (I got rid of 'Biotechnology has no scope in India' refrain), and the end of the 'I need to get a branch change' ordeal.
I gained a lot, I must confess. I feel I did.

Now coming to the things I lost - I lost out on great people. I lost out on the juvenile Batch 'I' happenings. I had to part with the company of some really close friends. I know I'll see them around and will try to be with them more often than not, but it's just not the same.

Yesterday, in my new class with new faces around me, I felt lost. I missed the 'We'll study here itself' and the 'bohot bol raha hai tu' rantings. I missed the people who helped me become what I am today in this institute. I missed my comfort bubble.

We as human beings abhor change. Change in any form- sleeping pattern, food, friends, school, place. We loath having to do something new, venture into unknown territories (I am not referring to scuba diving or the likes here!) and change our set schedule. I am probably one of them. I am trying to adjust. I am trying to fit in. I am not liking it, but I know I don't have any other option.

A week down the line, probably, I'll just laugh all of this off! But till then, I guess being lost, grumpy and a lil' peeved is going to help me cope with the situation.

Adieu till then, bird-brain! *sulk*

5 comments:

  1. It is plain irony that although change is the only constancy in this world of ours, Inertia is a concept we revel in.

    (And try removing Word Verification, will you?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After your first-year academic escapades, Electrical should be a breeze. And, you'll get the most interesting characters teaching you along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Anirudh. Especially the listless people like me love the inertial frame!

    Murty, thanks for unnerving me further! hmph..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home. If your batch is half as bad as ours, you're in for a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I am getting used to it now. Getting into the grove, as they say!

    ReplyDelete