Thursday, August 6, 2009

A week or two!

Why does it always happen that there are some fortnights where you feel life is your usual drab whilst at other times, a day is as eventful as a whole year? The past week, or should I say two, have been quite an experience. I learnt a lot about people. Learned where I was being preposterous, reevaluated others' opinions and well, 'grew up' in a short span of time.

To begin with, I am now fully aware of the fact that I can make people laugh - at me! I am adept at the art! *applause*
I am also learning how to let go of the negativity that we harbor over trivial, mostly inconsequential, issues. I am amazed at how clever can people be when it comes to 'Oh! You are a close pal, man' but then again, I am mastering the act of forgiveness. It's tough, buster! You bet it is!

A few months back, there was a guy who told me "If you haven't seen it, how do you know it exists?" Well, I thought otherwise then, but today, the guy seems to be a genius to me. If I haven't seen a person commit a crime, I shouldn't charge him either. So the frame shift is from 'guilty till proven innocent' to 'innocent till proven guilty'.

And above all, I am slowly, and steadily, understanding the importance of not evading issues at hand. It's always better to thrash it out rather than quietly sulk, and in the process, weaken the bond that we share. The bond with your parents, with your friends, with yourself.

Avamastu!

7 comments:

  1. You haven't seen Nigeria. Are you inclined to believe it does not exist? The same argument with 'God' instead of 'Nigeria'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well put- we seem to grow in bursts and stagnate in between. But the best blog posts are written during these times, so it's not such a bad deal after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Banja. And, yes, that laugh wasn't at you- we just were guessing whether you would just nod and say Hi or wave- and I lost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vikesh, I know Nigeria exists. My friend's dad is posted there for some odd reason!

    I know Shrey, that's why I am looking at all the positives. Thanks for the encouragement. I need it.

    Huh, Murty! Are we still there yet? 'Grow up!'

    ReplyDelete
  5. read this post of urs after one month and you will grow up again!
    leave all this "growing up" to ur subconscious, really. all we think from our current mind is always too much critical, influenced from the present, and irrelevant.

    to expand this annotation:

    at the first point: you *are* funny! :P

    at the second point:remember, people are like you and you are like them, never play the blame-game! forgiveness i agree, must be learnt thoroughly :)

    at the third point: that is called being hypercritical; respect your inner voice, it never lies, context in these situations often decides one of the two (innocent or not innocent), although giving the benefit of doubt is a Godly habit!

    at the fourth point: i completely agree at this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol.. Grivan! You are hitheron my guru.. Jai ho!
    But yah.. I appreciate every single point you made.

    ReplyDelete