Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I was here sometime back

Monday. The first thought that crosses one's mind is 'another week' to pass. Morning blues, workload and chores to complete, then why would a Monday, and that too the one 2 days ago, be so special to me? Well, it took me back a couple years. A time when I was 6, or maybe 7.

I was lazing around in my room at about 6 in the evening when Lavi came back from class.
"Are you hungry?", he enquired.
"Yah, a bit."
"Hmm.. me too."
"Let's get some ice-cream at CBRI."

And so we went and got ourselves a matka kulfi and an ice candy. Whilst we were gorging on the cool feast, I spotted something that instantly drew me close to it. Something which took me way back in time. A time when I was a clumsy, irresponsible kid. I spotted a pair of swings.

"Let's go." I pleaded.
"Erm.. you really want to?"
"Yah.. why not?"
"Okay!"

And so, I perched myself on a swing, and like a complete retard, I began swaying back and forth. I finished eating, licked my fingers and felt something strange. Very strange. I felt happy. I felt ecstatic. I didn't feel silly. I actually liked the feeling of me being a 6 year old again.
There were about 50 different people who looked on, but I was least bothered. For me, I had discovered something precious which none of the onlookers could ever help me find. They wouldn't know its value.

I had found the clumsy, irresponsible kid - Me!

6 comments:

  1. As Mr.Ribald rightly pointed out the other day, there is something about childish endeavors which appeals to us, the more so as we grow old. Maybe its nostalgia, maybe stupidity but I too love the kid inside. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who told you you ever grew up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. u know.... i think u should change ur display name.... and nxt time u go to the swings.... take me along..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol.. Vikesh, I grew up physically so as not to sit on the swings..

    Prateek, don't bother.. two fat people will leave the place swing-less.. heh!

    And thanks Akash!

    ReplyDelete