Saturday, February 6, 2010

'Spring' in action!

After almost a quarter year of heavily clad junta at Roorkee and Delhi, and the frosty morning breaths seen emanating from within, it's that time of the year when we like to keep it vibrant. The 'Mugger's' coat has been replaced by bright sweaters and the mink blankets have been done away with. Winter's on its way out and I couldn't be happier to bid adieu to it.
Talking of spring, the first thing that one associates with the season is colour. Regeneration. Blossoms. Rebirth, in its paradigm. It is that time of the year when you awake from a long spell of hibernation, feel alive and have this perpetual smile on your face. Spring. The time to look forward to the prospects of the year that's just begun, and seize every opportunity that comes your way.

Surprisingly, the classes seem to be a tad bit less dreary too. I, for once, did enjoy the last few classes of Electrical Machines (*shudder*). I have a hunch, and a strong one at that, that there are some hormones (NOT those, you perv!) that 'spring' into action this time of the year. They make you upbeat, and tell you to 'push that crap' out of your neural cavity.

Yesterday, I was 'basking in the glory' of the mild form of the helios and believe you me, It felt good. The evening walk to CBRI for a Dairy Milk was not a pain in you-know-where. There's something about these few months that make me see good in almost everything around. And I wish that this time, the season extends indefinitely. Quoting Rahim Khan in the Kite Runner, spring sends out a strong message of "There's a way to be good again!"

Take cue from all the omens that lie strewn on my path, I am going to live it out to the fullest. I know there's not much time at hand, but I guess it's enough for me to stack good memories for the coming few months. There'll be the scorching summer and the sombre fall. But one li'l birdie tells me it's all going to be (KR)aw-e-some!

So folks, I am back to work. I have to pick up all the colours and take in all the fragrances. You never get enough of those, do you?
Let's 'spring' into action!

No comments:

Post a Comment