Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Still on a high!

It's almost 40 hours after Thomso 09 drew to a close. About a 100 hours of hysteria, frenzy and unadulterated fun. And after all that jazz, I am not ashamed to admit that I am still on a high. More than a joyful period, I will revere Thomso 09 for the learning experience. A few points worth mentioning here would be;

1. Watch Out! for the best

There is a strange sense of satiation that fills me from within. I am not content with myself at all, but I do know for a fact that I tried, and real hard at that. Working with the re'freshers' was an unexplainable experience. To interact with a score odd junta, each unique in their own way, made me realise that the knowledge pool of the world is boundless. We learn from everyone - some having a superior content than the others- and hence, we evolve.
I have no qualms in admitting that I learnt how to be a good human being, again. To see my 'juniors' work for the greater good gives me a strange kick! *hic*

2. Watch Out! for the best already known to all

To all my sophomore brethren, Salaam! I am immensely grateful to each one of you for making me work to the best that I could (well, not the 'best' actually. Quoting a virtuoso, "It's all about pushing your limitations to redefine your potentials"). A few hitches here, a few goof-ups there but nonetheless I have gained infinitely from this experience. Thank you for the support, the cheering up and the honesty. A time I'll remember for a lot many days to come, take my word on that!

3. To the biz-magnet himself

Whilst all the running around and pandemonium, there is someone who put up with all of it. To him, I shall always be obliged. Apologies for the time not spent with you during the carnival of zest. I know you always understand, and that's what makes me feel a tad bit more guilty. Cheerio Sultan, cheerio!

4. For the man himself

To be a TOC member was his 'juvenile fantasy', or so he claims. But to take that fantasy to this level and to make it thoroughly professional is the job of a man with great character. To the sardar who I always dissed, I am proud to proclaim that he proved me wrong. It's not easy being in his shoes, and examples of the past are but a mere reflection of the same, and to brave those enduring times with unlimited perseverance is what makes me respect him even more. After all this, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why I was glassy-eyed seeing the 'man' on stage that night! Congratulations Aman, great job!

So now that I have bared it all, It's time that I return to my subdued (?) self. I shall have to endure the hangover now, but one li'l birdie tells me that the party's just begun and you shall never know what I did last night!

5 comments:

  1. The Hermetical-Platonist has become a tightly held bunch of 'to you's, I notice... Nice to there are still those who are open in expressing gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a lot of 'To you..' kinds Anirudh! It's just that good things, owing to good people, keep happening around me and therefore I have to say the magic words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hangover still remains. As I entered the mundane world of tutorials and proxies today, my mind was clearly elsewhere. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank YOU Shreyas..for the fantabulous time we had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can you forget the one man behind it all- rather the one alien pulling all the strings, the one being who made it all what we all generally agree to be the best Thomso till date, the omnipresent soul whose blessings have brought about this post- how could you forget Fundoo- the god of fun?

    ReplyDelete