Monday, February 13, 2012

100 days of.. um, A 100 days

The song- a French rendition Quelqu'un M'a Dit- always takes me to a different world. 500 Days of Summer may not be such a 'wow'ing movie as it is made out to be, but it tells you of a summer fling, a short lived romance. And then, there's Autumn. Another story, another season. Life, after all, does go on.

A 100 days left at Roorkee. That's a third and a li'l less of a year, and a li'l over three months. There was a time when 100 used to inspire awe- a great feat. Today, 100 holds a whole new meaning. It is a number I fear and also eagerly await. A 100 can never be enough to say the things I should, it is also far too long to keep mum about things I feel about.

I will be gone in a 100 days. And in some ways, it's time I did. The trees on the path between the CC and the Electronics department have aged with me, and are now biding me adieu. Nesci has been replaced by Lipton, and RJB is just not the same anymore. R feels a li'l strange now, and makes me realise that the only permanence in life is change.

They say 100 is number of festivities and celebrations. Give a moment to myself, for the reverie can wait. Time, on the other hand, doesn't.


4 comments:

  1. Emotion pouring out..:)Something that is falling short of words to describe it in totality!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cut the crap, you'r just really eager to get outta here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, when your days are numbered, you fear the coming change and want to stick with your current situation and hence, the nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across this piece of writing while randomly surfing various blogs:) u write really well :) hope u hvent stopped writing ...

    ReplyDelete