Wednesday, September 9, 2009

To you!

Why is it that whenever I read a post, the first thought to strike me is, 'I wish I could write even half of this.' And the people responsible for this criminal thought are none other than the people who are widely acknowledged for their brilliance.

There is a certain 'leftist' who leaves me awe-struck after every line he pens down. There is a certain big-'Bang' who writes just like he is - superb. There is a 'princess' who likes to write "not not" to please someone, but for herself. There is a Shakespeare incarnate who pours his heart out, leaving me gaping at his excellence. There is a certain 'Pee-Gee' who is dyslexic (read: spellings) but I am yet to come across a wittier, yet mellow, writer. There is another 'ET' who is great and I always try, I repeat, try to emulate him. But alas, I fail miserably. There is a pseudo 'Frenchman' who writes as if words are his monopoly and his style.. commenting on it would be doing injustice to literature. Yet another 'wrestler' namesake who is a wonderful human being, and whose writings are nothing short of precious gems.

It is rather very quaint how people influence you to such a great extent. And I am glad that they have. It has made me a better writer (I'd like to take the liberty of concluding thus), a more aware individual and an evolved person.

So just a plain-simple thank you folks! Saying anything more is going to ruin it. And that's the last thing I want.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you!
    I often come across a post and wonder why I didn't think of it first. This post is one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just made my day, Shrey! Thanks a billion, or even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Banja has already said, one of those posts... Everyone has these substantial others who influence everything about them; very significantly the way they write. Thanks! (I still take serious offence at that name)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I don't fit into the list (especially with the 'widely acknowledged for their brilliance' parameter). Will take whatever I get, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an Extra Terrestrial, Anirudh! And get moving now.. Thanks in return!

    And Murty, you fit in very well. Didn't you spot yourself already in the list?

    ReplyDelete
  6. DYSLEXIC!!! OMG, i was just sleep-deprived that day!
    but brilliant post anunaya. effusive and oozy enough to be your Farewell Post. only kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot Anunaya but you know how I am almost smiling with an embarrassed look in my eyes as I read this post. You've been way too generous when you put me into that list.

    You are forbidden from saying Pink Floyd and Linkin Park in the same breath, like I just did. But again, thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Farewell? No No.. not in a million years Prachi!

    And Vikesh, stop being overly modest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, thanx for featuring me on the web.
    besides theres some grammatical/ formattign error there. Is this what you meant (coz it makes more sense) :
    There is a 'princess' who likes to write "not not" NOT to please someone, but for herself.

    Unlike others, i HAD thought such a thought before.. but i failed to think of writing it first !!! :)
    are u still hibernating?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay.. too many NOTs spoil the blog. Lesson learnt! :)
    Remember the 'plan' for next week, don't you?

    ReplyDelete