Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tide o' Time!

Just yesterday I was packing my sachet and heading out to Bombay, looking forward to some great time gearing up for New Year's. How was I to know that influenza tenatculus would impede the progress of a perfect holiday plan. Oh well! The year ended, and a new 365 has begun. Back to Roorkee at a freezing 2 degC from a cozy 20 something in Bombay did send chills down my spine- quite literally.

The semester started on a sluggish note, as always, with a hope of looking forward to some great good times. Cognizance 2011 is readying itself for a grand show and it feels wonderful to be a part of this mesmerizing fiesta. However, the teeny-weeny complaint that I do have is that time seems to fly past too fast. Before you know it, the night descends and every day flows like water. But I reckon that's why the gurus assert that we should make the most of the 24 at hand. Another check point on the 'to-do' list.

As of now, I want to write a lot. I wish to speak so much. But being in this inertial state, I am compelled to stop. NOW!

I walk down the street.
There is a hole.
I don't see it.
I fall in.
It isn't my fault.
It takes a very long time to get out.

I walk down the same street.
There is still a deep hole.
I pretend not to see it.
I fall in.
I pretend it's still not my fault.
It takes a long time to get out.

I walk down the same street.
There is still the same deep hole.
I see it.
I fall in anyway.
It's a habit.
I get out quicker this time.

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole.
I see it.
I walk around it.
I don't fall in.

I walk down a different street.

-- Portia Nelson

2 comments: