Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Line of Control?!

I have always harboured outrageous dreams. Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission maybe? Or what about the Numero Uno of the World Bank? But a defunct 'Secretary, Cinema Club IIT Roorkee' was not on the list of my sky-rocketing ambitions. Yes, I did know that they blindly picked the biggest ghissu in the 360 acre vicinity, and after 26 long months in The Palace of Illusions I don't mind staking claim to the title (*sigh*), but the associated 'responsibility' did give me the creeps from the zeroth hour.

Then there were a few who saw me 'there'. To them, my friends, I apologise. Your foresightedness was a li'l too fantastic this time around. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown and I wish not to stress my bird-brain with more junk. Oh, and for those who are interested, I loathe 'Microprocessors and Peripheral Devices'- the main culprit of my miseries. I will live to see the downfall of Intel. Well, not really. You never know.

So as I look forward to being a part of Kissa Gaddi Ka- 2010, it is with a sense of complacency that I admit that things will be no different from the ones previously witnessed. The onus of screening a film for the Roorkee junta lies with me, and I wish to deliver.

In the meanwhile, let me check the hard-disk drives of the people around me. Fishing for films, Je suis!

5 comments:

  1. how about some good ol' classics like The sound of music, the scent of a woman, casablanca etc. it'll be a welcomed change for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shall keep that in mind, Siddharth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2all
    before anyone goes about harboring any dreams let me assure them that those dreams will be gone with the wind. The cinema club of IIT roorkee has become a defunct organization not for the fault of its previous secys but but due to some technical glitches. They do not have the requisite sound system to air shows in the OAT nor do they have projectors to air movies. Best that can happen is booking of OP jain Audi and running a dark knight on classroom projector with a paltry sound system. That might be quite ravishing for the new come PG students but I daresay it will fall well below the expectations of the Cinema savy IIT r janta

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see someone who actually cares. The post has played notorious parts in the Kissa. Hope you have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete