Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pack-it full of Sunshine!

9 weeks too many? I guess not.

It feels like yesterday when I carried that 90 pounds of luggage up those stairs to D II/70, and here I am today, packing the same stuff back into the 20 cubic feet odd space. Of course, in between the two events, much water has flown.

I have now 'successfully completed the internship at Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd.' with the certificate lying on the table in front of me. Oh boi! What a time that was. I have no qualms in admitting that I hate the corporate jargon. It's cheesy and very unnerving. I did manage to 'connect' with a few colleagues, some of who will be more than mere acquaintances to me in the years to come.

I went for the 'romp in the wild wild west' too. Ten days of unadulterated fun, a lot of walking, and unending shopping culminated in a very happy me! Sometimes I wish we had better weather here in India. That would make all the difference. Believe you me! And yes of course, the chocolates, and the cheese and the sparkling water. *Dreaming*

Then was the much awaited 'family function and reunion'. The usual gossips of, "Her daughter is so dark! Who will ever marry her?" and "Oh my! How tall have you become. I didn't expect you to shoot up so much since the last time I saw in 1999!" Am I supposed to stunt my growth for 11 years? And the icing on the cake was, "When are you getting married?" And this interrogation was met by all of us, the 29 year old to the 16 year old cousins.

I came back and have ever since been gorging on the best cuisine in the world. The Macher Jhol and the Bhuna Mutton still linger and titillate my palette as I reminisce about it. I have been sleeping like a hibernating bear! And trust me, it takes a musical retreat for my mum to wake me up these days. I wonder what I dream about! Nothing specific, I guess. Or maybe something very pertinent.

So as I gather my belongings - the 8 Luxor Pilot pens, the 4 Classmate registers, the clothes, and my new novels - I cannot but leave without the vast reservoir of my experiences over these 60-70 odd days! I wish I could pack my bed, my TV, my couch, and most of all home.

For now, it's back to Roorkee sans further ado.

7 comments:

  1. I don't know what's wrong with the world! Everyone, everywhere is talking about marriage! And doesn't your mum ever scold you saying...'This is not some hotel, get up!' I hear that often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime the dreaded M-word comes up in my household, I freak my family out with "Wait till I'm 30" :P

    On that note what was your answer anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know! I don't have much left to say with all the *aunties* hovering around. They get cheap thrills by cracking all those sly jokes.

    An example: "Kab shaadi kar rahe ho?" *without waiting for a reply* "Ya shaadi ke bina hi.. haan?" And then the evil laughter!

    Yuhk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you know Prachi? My mum gets wild when I bum around on the bed watching movies.

    It's a horror to see her in that avatar! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Anunaya, we still don't know what was your answer? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abey join the dark side. Misogyny - With malice towards one and all. Marriage ka tension nahin hai. In?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am often dumbfounded when I am thrown such volleys of questions. I reply with a toothy grin which just means I am stupid. That just greets me with a few 'tch tch' and voila! I am in safe territories again.

    And no, I do not hate women Vikesh! What an awful thing to do! Vaise, tension se bachne ka great option.
    In. But conditions apply.

    ReplyDelete