Sunday, April 11, 2010

A new day, year and Decade!

Yours truly is 20 today.

That's 2 decades or 7300 days or 175200 hours, if not less. In these score years, I have learned, unlearned and relearned a whole plethora of things. But one thing remains with me to this day, and that is my foot-in-mouth syndrome! And THAT shall never leave me, I am sure of that!

Growing up was fun. I made friends - some much more close than the others- and fell out with them eventually. I learned to question the question, and in many cases, blindly followed the leader. I have seen almost half of the world and can proudly proclaim that each culture has influenced my being a to considerable extent.

At 20, I feel different. I think it's the Ready-To-Be-An-Adult? Syndrome (As I like to call it)! I mean I want to transit from the Big-Boy tag to the 'Responsible Young Man' domain, but at the same time, I feel anxious as to how would I cope with failures when I encounter them. I know they're a part and parcel of this journey, but nevertheless, I am petrified.

On the other side, I am looking forward to my Twenties. I'll finish with school in about two years and then who knows where I might be. But a li'l something tells me, all will be good.

I'd take this chance to thank everyone who have contributed to me being the way I am today. To my mother, first and foremost, for bearing the pain of existence for these torturous 20 years. Thanks Ma! And to all the other people - some of them are still with me today, and the others who have moved on to different platforms. I wish all of you the very best in life. Hope to see you right at the top!

Bidding adieu to the teens is painful, but I have this sinking feeling that the party has just begun!

8 comments:

  1. wow!! nice blog!! good luckkkk with everything!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishing you a very happy budday...!! knowing you I'm sure you scale exceptional heights. All the very best..!! And about the writing, I'm already a fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Naina. Thanks a ton!

    And Arpit, that is very sweet of you to say! I am glad to have you as a friend! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chal hat buddhe! Jaldi vaapas aa aur pizza khila :D

    And if you ditch me one more time, I'm telling you tumhara bhi Shimla waala kissa ho jayega!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I don't want to die with a beer bottle up my.. ahem!
    Anyway.. Pizza for sure! I am contemplating about a desert treat at BnR. Interested?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday once again. Nice to see someone looking forward to his twenties. I might be really senti, come august.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shall be behind you with a packet of tissues da! Don't you worry!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. BnR isn't a bad option and Happy B'day once again.

    ReplyDelete